Are you looking to make unique homemade gifts and cards this holiday season? Do you want to find new creative ways to wrap gifts? Creativebug has you covered!
Creativebug is a database available from the library that has thousands of award-winning arts & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists. Creativebug is available for FREE with your North Bergen library card!
You can create an account with your library card by going to https://www.creativebug.com/lib/nbpl
You must go through that link above to get access to the library’s free account available to all North Bergen patrons. After you create an account with your library card, you can log on with your username and password from there!
We have compiled some of the best holiday art and craft classes for you and we hope that Creativebug becomes your place for inspiration and creativity this holiday season and beyond!
To access these classes after creating an account, just logon to Creativebug.com with your username and password and type the class titles in their search feature!
- 25 Days of Gift Wrap: Master of package presentation, Courtney Cerruti, leads you through 25 days of gift wrap ideas and techniques. Beginning with more complex projects and ending with quick fixes to common wrapping dilemmas, you’ll use simple craft materials to wrap, adorn and decorate your holiday gifts.
- Daily Ornament Challenge: 25 Crafts to Trim Your Tree: Deck your halls with a season’s worth of festive baubles. Inspired by the holiday decorations they treasured most from childhood, Creativebug artists Liana Allday, Courtney Cerruti and Faith Hale show you how to make 25 ornaments and garlands.
- Holiday Art Journaling: Keep your creativity going strong during one of the busiest seasons of the year by making a holiday art journal. Dawn DeVries Sokol shows how to transform everyday ephemera into collage fodder for your pages, working with embellishments, images and lettering to create holiday themed pages without a fuss.
- Holiday Mitten Garland: Instead of a store-bought holiday garland, whip up a set of these hand-knitted mini mittens. Cute as can be, these mitts are great for learning intermediate knitting techniques, including thumb shaping, decreases, and ribbed cuffs.
- Knitted Mug Cozy: Keep your mug toasty warm this winter with a sweet knitted mug cozy. Liana Allday shows you how to knit this tri-colored cozy in linen stitch.
- DIY Painted Holiday Gift Wrap: This year, why not wrap all of your holiday gifts with colorful hand-painted gift wrap? Courtney teaches several quick and easy dry-brush techniques, from sophisticated crosshatch designs to loose geometric squiggles – no prior painting experience required.
- Crocheted Abominable Snowman: This adorable plush toy is anything but abominable. Crochet designer Twinkie Chan shows you how to work in the round with simple stitches to build your Yeti.
- Felt Deer Ornament: Adding a new ornament to the tree every year is a wonderful Christmas tradition, and it is even better when an ornament is made by hand. Courtney Cerruti demonstrates how to create a rustic fawn ornament using felt, simple embroidery and hand stitching.
If you make any of these holiday crafts, make sure tag us at #nbplnj! We would love to see and share your creativity!